Sunday, February 28, 2010

Silk Ink Card!


It's another lazy rainy day in Arizona! Unfortunately I didn't get too much done today but that's ok! This is a card I made yesterday in a class I took. It is made with silk ink. It comes in a bottle just like finger nail polish but dries much faster! I just brushed a color on glossy paper and then sponged it with a cosmetic sponge quickly before it dried. It took lots of sponging and putting more color on to get the look I wanted. If you weren't lightening fast then the way you put the ink on was the exact way it dried - streaks of color on the page. I had to come back a few times with darker colors to hide the streaks I got from my lack of speed! But, in the end, I am happy with the results! A large stamp was stamped on top of the colorful artwork with black ink. Can you see it? The sentiment is by SU. I stamped the image crooked TWO times in class so gave up and came home to finish the card! I really prefer the verse from class but unfortunately I don't have that stamp! Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sherry,
    In my quest to find the "silk ink that comes in a bottle just like nail polish" I ran across your website. Where did you buy the silk ink? I have been searching all morning on the internet with no luck. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not buy the silk ink. I used it in a class and I never bothered to check the brand. I'm sure it can be purchased at Creative Quest in Glendale, AZ which is where the class was held.

    ReplyDelete