Sunday, April 19, 2009

Elegant cone


Today is "my day". I plan to spend some much needed time in my craft room. I went to a Creative Keepsakes Convention yesterday in Mesa and took 2 awesome classes by Lickety Split Scrapbooks. We made 2 different acrylic albums. I have never made any so this was a real treat. I learned techniques for use on acrylic. I plan to make a few more so will post those when I get them done. Today I finished up a cone I had started earlier and am real happy with the way it turned out. It's just a knick knack but a fun one. I saw it here by Kathie Mcguire. You will have to scroll down a bit to find hers but it's worth the time. She has some beautiful ones on her blog and also directions for making them. It is made with a 9inch square of DP. I added the beaded trim on the edges. The top is trimmed with an edging done with a Martha Stewart punch. The ribbon is attached to the back with eyelets. I may make one for a friend who goes in the hospital next week for surgery. I will probably just fill it with candy. Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment