Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Just buzzin' by to say...

Yesterday in the newspaper there was an article about a 12 year old boy who was going to have brain surgery.  He was in a bad accident 6 years ago and has been in and out of surgery since.  His Dad is in the military so the family just moved to Colorado and he will have to undergo more major surgery.  They didn't know many people so the newspaper put out a card request to help him get through the surgery.  Of course when I saw that, I jumped on it.  I enjoy sending out cards to those in need.  So here is my card.  The skateboard dude is a SU stamp.  The papers are all from a pad by Basicgrey.  I used a Spellbinders die for the pennants.  The sentiment is also SU.  The colors are more vibrant in real life.  I'm off the the mailbox to get this out to him!
Have a fun day!

2 comments:

  1. cute card. I also saw the story and it touched my heart. I made a card that had a whale in waves and says "get whale" - is on the cricut Wild Card 2 cartridge. Hope he will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I'm sure he will love it! Boys and men are so hard to make cards for!

    ReplyDelete