Saturday, October 22, 2011

NAVY Wings Card


My son is in the NAVY and will get his wings on Friday. It's been a long time coming (25 years!) but the day will finally arrive this week. He has wanted to be a pilot since he was 18 months old when he got to climb the steps up into his Daddy's F-16 in his little pilot suit. So, this is a card I made for him to commemorate the occasion. The NAVY seal is embossed in Navy ink. I cut the wings out from an image I found on the computer. The stars were embossed with a Sizzix folder. The inside of the card has SOLDIER embossed on the navy cardstock with a verse. I think it turned out pretty nice.
I have lots of cards in my stash that I whipped up last week so hopefully I will find time to post them this week. We are in the process of buying a Colorado Snow car so will be doing that this week. We are supposed to get snow on Tues or Wed so hopefully we will be prepared for it. We got our snowblower last week so BRING IT ON!
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Great card! I live in the Springs too and I hope the snow stays on your side of town! Ha!!
    Love the embossed stars on the front.

    ReplyDelete