Saturday, January 24, 2009

Welcome Home Soldiers!


This is a very special card I am making for a squadron of soldiers returning home from Iraq. I saw the request for cards on a forum on SCS and having been a military spouse for 20 years...I felt that this was something I really wanted to do. Over half of the troops will return to NC with no family there to welcome them. So, we are making cards for them and there will also be goody bags for each of them. I put their unit name (hope I abbreviated it correctly!) on one of the balloons. I know it's not a parachute, but it's the best I could do! The stamps are by Dee Gruenig and were introduced at her last class that she taught in Albuquerque last fall for the balloon fest that weekend ...and I was so lucky to be able to be a part of it. These stamps just seemed to be perfect for this occasion. I will write a note inside to welcome each one home. I actually stamped the balloons on white paper and then cut them out. The background is done with Dee's Blending Blox which are 4 colors of ink in one pad and I just swiped them across the paper...how much easier can it be!!! It's a simple card but seemed appropriate for both males and females. Welcome home Troops! We are so proud of all you have done for this country!

No comments:

Post a Comment