Sunday, October 3, 2010

Here's what I've been up to...




Well, this is what I have been doing the past few weeks. The first picture is my daughter's piano recital dress when she was 5 years old. She is now 23! It has been hanging in closets all these years so when I decided to use her bedspread (damask design) in the guest bedroom...I thought about her dress. I smocked it many years ago with hopes of one day showcasing it. This is the day! These two items - the bedspread and the dress - were the inspiration for the room. I bought 2 really nice nightstands and also a vanity table (I told my husband it was a desk, so he approved it! He still thinks it's a desk!). I found a piano picture in my daughter's closet that had red ballet shoes sitting on the keyboard....so I put that up! Then I decided to cover a pair of her pointe shoes in red and black. That is what is hanging beside the vanity table. She has about 17 more pairs and at $100 a pop....I didn't mind decorating them at all! It beats tossing them! She is now paying for all those years of dancing on pointe - hip surgery within the month! So...this is why I have not been posting as often! We still have more work to do but we are getting there! I promise I will post a card next!

No comments:

Post a Comment