Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Just flying by

Here is a birthday card I made for my son.  He is a pilot so I am always looking for fun stamps for pilots.  This is by Inky Antics.  The pennants are by Spellbinders. I stamped the propeller twice so I could pop it out to look like it was in motion.  I'm sure Brandon will tell me that airplanes don't have 2 propellers like this! The papers are from my scrap stash which I am slowly working to reduce - just have too much stuff! 
We had another blizzard here yesterday that they didn't seem to think would amount to much.  Well, we must have gotten at least 8 or 10 inches of snow with lots and lots of heavy wind.  It was a white- out much of the day and night.  You could not see 12 inches in front of you!  I guess since the Springs didn't get much (or any) then they figured we didn't either up here in Black Forest.  The snow plows have not been around today either!  My 2 wheel drive car had a bit of problems getting through our neighborhood because of the deep snow in places.  Once I got to the main roads...the roads were bare.  Usually the snow plows are out within hours of a storm up here...not with this last snow.  We have some REALLY STEEP hills that are very dangerous without sand or plowing.  Oh well...we got some much needed moisture so that is what is important!

No comments:

Post a Comment