Thursday, August 9, 2012

Aw, Shucks

Today I have a card to share that I made for a pilot friend from over 25 years ago while we were stationed at Homestead AFB in Florida - before the hurricane came through.  Just found out he had a mild stroke so I thought I would send a card to cheer him up.  I just happened to have lots of airplane stamps for the pilots in my family so that was nice.  The airplane is Whipper Snapper Designs and the sentiment is from a set of Mickey Mouse stamps - not sure of the manufacturer but thought it was so perfect for Ron.  The papers are SU.
The heat is back in Colorado.  We had about a week of cooler temps and rain showers every afternoon but I think those days are gone again.  I took my little girl (puppy) out to meet some cows that occasionally come by our house and she was so amazed at how big they were.  As I got closer to them, she was shaking like a leaf.  We have a barbed wire fence going up the side of our land so they come right close to us.  We haven't seen them much this summer.  This city girl (living in the country!!!) kind of misses seeing them!!!  
Have a cool day!

No comments:

Post a Comment