Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sympathy Card


I'm back after a few days off. We had vacation last week and kept busy with projects around the house as well as "dreaming" about another move! We have always wanted to return to Colorado to retire and with Bill's earning years diminishing...we are thinking more seriously about it. So, I've spent way too much time on the computer lately - house hunting.
This was a really hard card to make. My absolute favorite papercrafter's husband died on Halloween evening. I have been following Becca's blog almost from the beginning and am always so amazed at what she comes up with. I feel like I know her so it was so heartbreaking to hear the sad news. My heart and prayers go out to her and her family during this very difficult time.
This is my card for her. It's a navy blue paper that is showing up as black. Everything is navy and white. The stamp is by Hero Arts and I put pearls in the centers of all the flowers. The white background is an embossing folder. The tag is a Spellbinders tag that I have stamped with a sentiment by My Sentiments Exactly. I have also shown the inside of the card with the second half of the verse.
I have so many things I want to get started on for the holidays...and I'm not sure where my time disappears to each day! Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things before the holidays are over!!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment