Saturday, November 13, 2010

Nativity Scene

I made this Nativity scene last night and finished some detail work on it this morning. I saw a class for something similar and couldn't make it to the class so I came up with my own version of it. I had a quilting book for a Nativity Quilt - another project on my list - so I used the applique patterns from it to make this. The chipboard is the 7 Gypsies, Home Sweet Home set. I covered the fronts and the backs of the chipboard with various papers. Then I glued the pieces together. I added some white fuzzies to the sheep for more dimension. I embellished the camel and the angel. The rest was pretty simple cut and glue - yes, it was a bit time consuming too! I punched holes with one of my hole tools and then threaded ribbon to tie them all together. I love how it turned out!
I hope to get pictures of my latest quilt to you tomorrow. It is a work of art. I'm becoming a lover of quilt arts! (thanks to my friend Cathy!!!) I've sewn everything most of my life but never quilts. Almost every stitch of clothing my daughter wore up until about age 10 was handmade. That was the only way we could afford the quality of clothing that I wanted on a military income. She was always the best dressed kid around. Now that my kids are gone and I'm not devoting all my time to them, I can do some things for myself. So, I will show you my latest creation tomorrow!
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment