Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Birdhouse Quilt

OK...for you stampers...I promise I will get back to some stamped things with my next posting. I've just had so many other projects going on and wanted to put them on here as well since many of you are are sewers and crafters.
SO...this is my quilt that I have been working on since February. It was lots of work but all in all, it really wasn't too bad for a non-quilter. I did lots of applique work in my days of sewing little girls clothes so this was easy peasy. There are quite a few embellishments on it - just like in papercrafting! There are buttons, snaps, and some embroidery. I sent the quilt to my expert longarm quilter to truly make the quilt come alive. It's just so amazing what happens when it is quilted! And she does an awesome job so I am more than happy to send my quilts to her. Let me know if you need an expert to quilt your next project!
Have a great week and I hope to be back tomorrow with a few xmas tags/cards.

1 comment:

  1. Did you use a template for your quilt? If so what is the name and where is it available for purchase? lynda.austin@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete